My dad is in hospital for the weekend awaiting an angiogram on Monday. His heartbeat has been irregular for the last 18 months ago so together with his doctor they are trying to get his heart drugs stabilised – a process that has been making slow but I think steady progress. Now however he has some secondary flutters that are making him very ill at ease, so he went in yesterday afternoon (after cancelling a holiday in Portugal) …and now needs to wait until Monday until some tests are run.
I’m happy that he’s not at any great risk and is doing the right thing by taking precautions so hopefully he’ll get the all clear on Monday and will be sent home.
My contract in work is up shortly. My boss told me today he’s not sure yet that they will be in a position to renew it. Two pieces of business need to come in over the next ten days, otherwise there’s a good chance I’ll be spending more time with the family!
Thankfully I can afford to be without work for a while but I just don’t have the mental stamina to go out searching for work in the current environment. If I do lose this job that will be the second time in the last 18 months, and the third time in the last few years. In one sense job loss can’t touch me compared to all the other shit that has happened, but like I say, I’d find it hard to summon the energy to throw myself into a job campaign in a market where hundreds of people apply for jobs in fast food joints.
There have been better weeks. At least it’s Friday and I can have a nice glass of wine. (Leitz Eins zwei Dry Riesling if you must ask.) Bon Soir.